Sunday, March 2, 2008

My Reaction to the Tour Trip

A few weeks back, my classmates and I went for a tour at the emirates palace. The tour was about the Masdar city which is a futuristic city that has zero carbon emission. I was astonished at what the project had to offer, a city fully functional on its own. I was also amazed by the transportation in the city, what I understood from the tour and video is that cars are not allowed in the city.

The Saadiyat island project is another project that surely shows to be unique. Personally I thought It looked like some part of a human organ, at first I thought it was a parking lot or a mall, but it’s a entertainment center containing halls and exhibitions…etc.

Then we, Jaber and I, moved on to the arts of islam. I learnt that people in the past were very artistic in all areas like carpets, jewelry, furniture…and other stuff. I was mostly concentrating on the daggers and swords and their history. I’m a collector of swords and daggers, and this is what caught my attention the most after the masdar city

No comments: